Ecogrid permeable paving
Ecogrid is a ground reinforcement and permeable paving product made from recycled polyethylene. It’s an environmentally friendly alternative for use in roads and pavements, as well as reinforcement of roadsides, banks, shores and slopes. Trusted around the world, Ecogrid has been providing an economical sustainable drainage solution for over 20 years
Ecogrid is made from bags and bottles that would normally be sent to landfill. Even better, the manufacturing plant – an in-house facility in Arzberg, Germany – is powered using renewable energy at a zero carbon footprint.
Bales of bags and bottles arrive at the factory and are processed into LDPE (low density polyethylene) pellets at the recycling facility. The pellets are then transported to the other end of the factory so that they can be used to make Ecogrid.
100 square metres of our flagship EcoGrid E50 paving can save as much as 60,000 carrier bags that would otherwise be sent to landfill.
– Load capacity 400 tonnes/m2
– 9.72 kg/m2, almost double the weight of others
– Swift and economical fitting due to tile size and locking design 100m2/man/hour
– Up to 95 square metres on a pallet (E30), economical delivery
– Made from recycled Polyethylene
– NATO approved by British and American military
– 50mm deep, 7mm wall thickness, the thickest on the market
– More UV stable than others on the market
– More aesthetically pleasing, can be completely covered
– 5 different depths of paving available
– 4 Different colours
– Recognised World leader as the original
– Installation teams specialising in this product available
Ecogrid comes in three different depths and four different load-bearing capacities. It arrives on-site pre-clipped together in 12 tile or 1.33 square metre sections. It’s TUV tested for loads of 350/250 and 120 tonnes per square metre, however these tests are carried out empty, giving an accurate test of the load bearing quality of the grid alone.
Other grid manufacturers show their load capacities as full grids with substrate, if we did this; Ecogrid would show twice the published capacities at 240/500 and 700 tonnes per square metre. Ecogrid needs no spikes or time consuming clips to assemble, and has been a world leader in permeable paving for the past twenty years.
Surveys are free for installations over 200 square metres, during which we will:
- Measure up the required area
- Show samples of the proposed products
- Give fitting advice if the installation is to be a self-install
- Supply a full written quotation valid until the installation date
- Offer continued advice for the fitting teams until completion
Material supply is guaranteed over and above the volume for the advised installation
If you choose our approved installers, they will:
- Work continuously until the installation is complete
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Keep sites in a clean and tidy condition
- Install Ecogrid professionally to specifications
- Leave the site and a clean and tidy manner
DIN 38412 – Neutral for the environment
DIN 4102 – Approval emergency access routes, fire resistance
DIN 1072 – Approval for 20 tonne axle load, driveways, road extensions, bridges
DIN IN ISO 124 and B125 – Approval for car parks, access roads & storage areas
Point axle loading up to 20 T/m², DIN 1072:1985
UV-resistant, certified DIN EN 60068-2-5
Heavy-duty, tried and tested DIN EN 124:2011
Environmentally safe, tested OECD 202:2004
Factory warranty: 20 years from purchase date
NATO certified E50 – MOD / 9330-99-858-1406
E50 – strongest grid in the range, 800 tonnes per m/2 load, 40 tonnes axle load, ideal for commercial traffic applications – £13.85 per m/2
S50 – 500 tonnes load, high degree of elasticity – £12.39 per m/2
E30 – 250 tonnes load, 20 tonnes axle load, great for ground stabilisation, general landscaping, grassed parking – £9.65 per m/2
EcoGrid Bloxx – 800 tonnes, 40 tonnes axle load, sold with clay or concrete inserts of various colours, great for car parks or walk ways – £34.76 per m/2
Green roof – pre-planted seeded Ecogrid roof trays – £39.55 per m/2
We provide a range of other models with varying weight-loads, as well as manhole covers and even wildflower seed and soil dump mixes, perfect for encouraging insects and natural wildlife on-site.